If you are like me, you have been loving the revival macrame has been enjoying the last few years. But, if you are also like me, you have not had time to invest in learning the intricacy of detailed macrame patterns.
So, I am here to break down some beautiful, modern macrame projects that embrace a minimalist look to their design that you can easily create for yourself. Enjoy!
Let’s get started…
Materials for Modern Macrame DIY:
- CREAM MACRAME ROPE
- GREY MACRAME CORD (also comes in other colors)
- EMBROIDERY HOOPS (I used an 8 in.) or METAL CRAFT HOOPS
- GLUE GUN
- CRAFT SCISSORS
- RULER OR TAPE MEASURE
- EMBROIDERY FLOSS OR TWINE
Head to our RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS page to shop more items related to this project:
Macrame DIY Plans:
- Cut 10 strips of the grey cord about 28 inches long.
- Attach those 10 strips to the embroidery hoop with Lark’s Head knots.
- Use an overhand knot to attach each strand to the bottom of the embroidery hoop.
- Cut about 20 strands of the cream rope 20 inches long.
- Use overhand knots to tie one strand to each side of the embroidery hoop. Start in the middle of the embroidery hoop, we will tie strands of cream rope on the bottom half, the top half will only have the grey strands. Keep the cream strand overtop of the grey strands. Repeat this for a total of 3 strands tied in the same manner.
- Repeat step 7, but this time have the three strands go under the grey strands. Continue this pattern of three cream strands over the grey followed by three strands under the grey. As I got closer to the bottom, I filled in the remaining area with a set of 7 cream strands over the grey.
- Smooth out the strands and trim them. Cut the cream ones about 2 inches long. Cut the grey into a “V” shape that blends into the cream strands.
- Fray the strands. I have found I get the best result doing this by hand. You can also do with a comb or brush.
- Use a wide tooth comb to comb through the strands and then trim to desired shape.
- Tie a strand of grey cord at the top to create a handle to hang the macrame from.
- Use a glue gun to put a small dab of glue on the back of each of the outer stands on the hoop to prevent any movement.
Enjoy Your Macrame Embroidery Hoop Wall Hanging!
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Get my DIY Plans for this Macrame on Embroidery Hoop Design:
Hello! You have found our illustrated guide on growing and caring for Native Sunflowers! We love all sunflowers here but the original Native species is by far our favorite. This is the...
Have you ever wondered what kind of soil you really have? Ever wondered where it really fell on the NRCS soil pyramid? Or are you looking to select the perfect spot for a vegetable garden, and...