It’s that time of year…..holiday baking, Hallmark Movies…..and POMEGRANATES are in season!! I hope you LOVE my delicious, gorgeous….& healthier take on an old favorite!!!
Who doesn’t love those delicious M&M pretzel bites? What’s not to love?!?! Salty…Sweet…& Chocolate! Oh, and simple to make. It’s also my speed for baking, haha! A little secret about me…..although I love cooking, I do not enjoy baking. It’s just not my happy place in the kitchen. But making these…& eating them….makes me very happy.
I recently saw someone share a recipe to make chocolate pomegranate drizzles and I thought they looked and sounded amazing! I planned to try to make some and bought a pomegranate at my next trip to the grocery store. Then, with all the holiday baking commercials and displays in the stores, the idea popped in my head….instead of making pomegranate chocolate clusters to make chocolate pretzel bites and to replace the M&M with pomegranate seeds.
PIN IT FOR LATER:
So let’s get to the yumminess!!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Pomegranate
- Pretzel Squares
- Chocolate disks/wafers (You can also use Hershey Kisses.) I used milk chocolate disks for a batch and candy cane Hershey Kisses for the other batch.
- Parchment paper
- rimmed cookie sheet
- mason jars – These work great to hold the pretzel bites for gift giving.
- black/white & red/white checked thin ribbon – This ribbon is so cute to use to tie around the jars for a festive & vintage touch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees while prepping your pomegranate. If you haven’t worked with pomegranates before, don’t worry it does not have to be a mess. The key is to cut it in sections, kind of like an orange. Then separate the sections, peel back the white pith/membrane and gently scoop out the seeds. If you have the white pith pieces sticking to the seeds, you can fill a bowl part way with water and add the seeds. The seeds should sink and separate.
2. Line the cookie tray with parchment paper and lay a single layer of pretzel squares on the tray.
3. Place a chocolate square or Candy Cane Hershey Kiss on each pretzel.
4. Place the tray in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Watch closely…you don’t want your pretzels to burn. Remove from oven when chocolates are softened.
5. Add a few pomegranate seeds to each square. I found 3 works great and looks pretty, too!
6. Refrigerate until completely cooled and enjoy!
For an easy & beautiful way to give these as gifts. Put them in a mason jar and tie a ribbon around the jar.
I love that these are both a decadent sweet & salty treat to enjoy….but they have these little wonderful nutrient powerhouses as a garnish, too! And, that gorgeous red pop of color makes them just perfect for the Christmas season! If you are not familiar with pomegranates, you can check out the health benefits here: 12 Health Benefits of Pomegranates.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family & friends have!! Let me know which is your favorite…..the chocolate or the peppermint pom pretzel bites???
PIN IT FOR LATER:
You may also enjoy:
How to Make the Perfect Bow- Farmhouse Style
Favorite Christmas Throw Pillow Covers – Amazon
Farmhouse Christmas Decor – Easy & Affordable from Amazon
Fav Fun Winter Doormats – Amazon
Nature Inspired Christmas Ornaments: How to Make 3 DIY Nature Ornaments
Dollar Store Hack – FAUX STENCILED GIFT WRAP Farmhouse Style
Removable Shiplap – No nails or glue!
5 Must Have BUFFALO CHECK items from Amazon
DIY Farmhouse Coat Rack
MODERN FARMHOUSE LIVING ROOM TOUR
FREE PLANS – DIY Rustic Farmhouse Stained Board Sign
7 Ways to Update a Kitchen w/out Painting Oak Cabinets
How to Make the Perfect Farmhouse Bow
Pumpkin Bird Feeder
Adding Wood Trim to our Vanity Mirror – $10 DIY
Book Stack -EASY METHOD DIY (no stamps needed) Hardcover & Paperback
Reasons You Shouldn’t Make Raised Bed Garden
Join our newsletter here to stay up-to-date with new content from Growit Buildit:
Please take a moment & subscribe to our YouTube Channel:
GROWIT BUILDIT YOUTUBE CHANNEL
This articles contains affiliate links for Amazon. This means when you click and shop through a link on my site it lets Amazon know I referred you and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website by shopping through our links