In my opinion, one of the most important things to do when decorating a room is to create layers of texture. And, that is exactly what I was trying to do when I was shopping for an area rug for my guest room. I loved the rug so much, shortly after ordering for the guest room, I ordered a larger one for my living room.
SHOP MY FAVORITE RUG HERE: SISAL AREA RUG
I love these SNOWFLAKE PILLOW COVERS. I keep them up through the whole winter season, mixing them with a few other similar covers. I love the soft tones and the texture on the design.
What do I love about this rug?
- The price point. I was able to get a 6×9 foot rug for under $200. (Price may change per Amazon seller discretion.)
- The quality. One of the biggest issues that frustrates me with area rugs is when they don’t lay flat on edges. This rug lays beautifully. I have never had an issue w/ a corner raising up. (Obviously, when it first arrives after being in a rolled position, it may take a little time to release from that. My suggestion to help it release from a rolled edge upon unpacking it is to reverse roll it…unroll it and then reroll it up the other direction.)
- The non-skid rubber backing. This was such a great selling feature for me. I try to avoid needing to get separate non-skid underlayment. I was really happy with the quality of this one.
- The texture and choice of shades. I also like the finish of the edging.
- I love how the texture works with the softness of the white bedding.
- I like the trim around the edge of the rug. It gives it a finished and more updated look. It is also available with trim in different colors.
I can’t wait to see how you use it in your home! As I said I was so happy with it, that I ordered a larger size for my living room. We have wood floors in our living room and a two-story fireplace. I love the texture it gives to a room, but the softness it exudes being such a light neutral tone.
PIN IT TO SAVE FOR LATER:
You may enjoy checking out our FREE PLANS to build a rustic farmhouse style sign , our tips to Update a kitchen w/out painting oak cabinets, & FREE PLANS to make a farmhouse style vintage look poster frame.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog. We’ll send new content to your inbox & send you a FREE guide to maximizing color in your perennial garden. No worries, we won’t spam you.
This article does contain an affiliate post for Amazon. This means that if you order the rug through my link I may earn a small commission from your order at no cost to you. Thank you for shopping the links throughout our blog, the commission helps keep our website going.
Wild Parsnip and pollinators. Credit Joshua Mayer If you've ever been cruising down the road and noticed the ditch was full of yellow flat-topped flower clusters, you may be encountering Wild...
For a showy late-blooming native flower that bridges the gap from Summer to Fall, look no further than Sneezeweed. This lovely plant makes a gorgeous yellow display that blooms after the main summer...